The Skf declares that the bearing factory located in Dalian, China, was awarded the coveted LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification.
"For many years, Skf has a focus on finding ways to reduce the impact on the environment. We made the decision few years ago that all our new factories should be build according to the LEED standard. In addition, we launched our aggressive new climate targets last year," said Tom Johnstone, Skf President and CEO. "I am delighted that our China Dalian bearing factory has achieved Gold status, which will ensure we minimize the local environmental impacts as much as possible, as well as help us to achieve our global targets."
This bearing factory is the fourth Skf factory over the world and the first LEED gold project in China to obtain the LEED certification.
The features that enabled the facility to achieve the LEED Gold certification:
- Renewable Energy Use -- Solar energy is used for hot water heating
- CO2 Sensor- To ensure the fresh air rate and reduce the energy use
- Energy efficiency: The factory has nearly 21% better energy efficiency compared to US building standards
- Large open area with local vegetation -- To provide habit and promote biodiversity and also help reduce irrigation water use
- High Reflection Roof -- To reduce the heat island effect - Water reduction: Uses 40% less water compared to normal building standards
SKET is a Tapered Roller Bearing manufacturer and supplier in China. SKET supplies bearing and bearing components, such as seals, balls & rollers, bearing cages and bearing rings.
(R) SKET is a registered trademark of the SKET Bearing Group Co., Ltd. (TM) SXYZ, XAX and CJT are trademark for different type’s bearings of the SKET Group.